Defensive HTML

June 3rd, 2014 | by Joshua Archer |

Patrick Hougardy – Defensive HTML

http://ned.highline.edu/~patrickhougardy/200/index.html

1. 4 Responses to “Defensive HTML”

2. By Anemari Milford on Jun 5, 2014 | Reply

This tutorial was very easy to understand and I learned some great defensive html tips that I never knew about. The website was
    nice looking and easy to navigate. It was easy to try some of his tips quickly.

3. By Paul Bronson on Jun 8, 2014 | Reply

————–
    1. Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    ————–
    I was able to complete the tutorial successfully; there were no significant issues to completing the tutorial.

————–
    2. Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    ————–
    I learned a few simple techniques to make a webpage more secure.

————–
    3. Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    ————–
    I found it very valuable. Nicely written concise and easy to understand.

————–
    4. What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    ————–
    I learn a couple things that i did not know already. I liked the concision in the descriptions. The code snippet solutions offered are valuable tools that I will consider adding to projects in the future. I will be browsing all the links provided for more information too.

————–
    5. What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    ————–
    The number one thing is that our school server, Ned, was so slow. I had to wait for the tutorial to load, and he did not even use many images. Highline has to fix this.

A specific suggestion for the tutorial is to have the code snippets be text between tags and not image files.

4. By Docc Jc Howard on Jun 9, 2014 | Reply

Yes, I was able to successfully complete the tutorial. One issue could be that the sequence format for example, you state what the tutorial is about but in what sequence are you teaching me to implement security features. The tutorial gives an overview of different techniques to secure your html from a series of injections meant to hack the page in some way. I found the tutorial very interesting in learning some ways a user could alter what you’re actually clicking on the site, it helped me by reiterating some things I had forgot was possible as well as adding a name to certain techniques I knew of but couldn’t reference by name. I liked the examples given in the beginning of how your computer or just site can be hacked by a user. Maybe adding some type of steps on what to do next in adding the security or something that points to which tab to click on next for the next step.

5. By Ryan Harmon on Jun 9, 2014 | Reply

Yes, I completed the tutorial.

I learned how to protect my site from cross-site scripting

I really liked the format of “Go ahead, I’ll wait, got it?” it’s fun. I think some different formatting on the page could help this format stand out. I would have liked a little more of an overview about XXS.

I really liked, “Ok! What did we just do?” because I was thinking the same thing to myself! Any tutorial is more fun when it’s funny, and interactive.

Give me the code in text that I can cut/paste, the images I can’t. So I had to type.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.