What is droplr and how do you use it?

August 1st, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Evans Ojwang – What is droplr and how do you use it?
http://ned.highline.edu/~evansojwang/200/finalproject/

1. 3 Responses to “What is droplr and how do you use it?”

2. By wagner_ml on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

1. Yes, I was able to complete the tutorial without issue. I did not go to Droplr and download anything because my computer already has screen capture built in, but I have no doubt it would’ve have been easy to use.

2. Droplr is a web based screen capture tool that allows users to take quick screen grabs and share them as needed.

3. It is interesting that there is a service like Droplr out there, and I can see it being beneficial to users whose computers are older. If you are running a Windows 7 machine or have a Mac though, your OS comes with built in screen capture software, so there wouldn’t be much point in using Droplr.

4. It was very straight forward. Nothing communicates better than video, and it made for a nice change rather than clicking through screen after screen like a power point.

5. I would say that for the purposes of the video Evans should have disabled his second monitor during the recording so that files didn’t open off screen. The cell phone ringing was distracting as well. Otherwise it was nicely done!

3. By margamo on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

I was able to successfully complete the tutorial. I didn’t have any challenges.
    I learned that Droplr is an online screen capture service, the basic free part is includes some unwanted advertising and 1Gb of storage. For $3.99
    per month you can 100Gb without advertising.
    I probably wouldn’t use because I have Snagit and for online screen captures I use gyazo.com. It is free and easy to use.
    I think the tutorial was easy to follow thorough.
    I thing some individual screenshot might nice to have on the page.

4. By coreyare on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?

Yes, I was able to complete the tutorial, there were no issues at all, the tutorial was very helpful in using video instead of text and images so I was able to easily figure out the program application, as he showed how to download droplr and use the interface.

Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.

Its a screen grabber program that allows you to take screen shots and share them with folks alike, I learned how to download it and utilize the user interface, and share them as well.

Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?

Yes I did, as it showed me how to use the application, the audio video helped too with any confusions as it have a more step by step process.

What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)

The tutorial used video instead of text and images to get the audience a better sense of what to do so theres little to no confusion at certain steps.
    What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)

The resolution was a bit on the small side, it could be enlarged to better fit wider modern display monitors.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.