Komodo Edit

August 1st, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Simon Yang – Komodo Edit
http://ned.highline.edu/~sy357/Komodo/ket7.1.html

1. 3 Responses to “Komodo Edit”

2. By jjwest on Aug 1, 2013 | Reply

1) I was able to successfully complete the tutorial. There were no significant issues to completing the tutorial.
    2) I learned a little more about Komodo Edit. I have used Komodo for another class, so it was more review than new learning.
    3) The tutorial was useful to review a good tool for editing pages. The tutorial describes a useful process.
    4) The design made the tutorial easy to follow and complete.
    5) The screen captures seemed a little blurry on my screen. I was able to read them, but had to look closely.

3. By gordon_bw on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

I read through Simon’s tutorial on “Komodo Edit”. It was a pretty easy read, especially since I didn’t try to read and enter the table into my Komodo Editor. To read the HTML code in the editor I had to put the magnification on my Chrome browser up to 200%. Since I have created several tables in Komodo within the last couple of weeks I didn’t see it necessary for me to go through the exercise. Simon’s use of hyperlink tabs made traversing through his tutorial easy.

I learned nothing new since I have been using Komodo Edit for several years now.

The tutorial was simple, easy to use, and likely very helpful to an individual who is unfamiliar with Komodo. His use of screen shots added interest and information to the tutorial, though the scale of the text at normal magnification was unreadable.

What I liked most about Simon’s tutorial was his simple approach, use of good contrast, and hyperlink buttons. Simon is also the only tutorial of the four I reviewed so far that has citations, although they aren’t exactly MLA compliant.

As far as improvement, I would suggest providing readable text for entering the HTML into Komodo.

4. By cecerslouisers on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

1. I was successfully able to complete Simon’s tutorial with no issues.
    2. I learned that Komodo is a text editor.
    3. I do not have a clear understanding of Komodo’s features, and did not come away from the tutorial with a reason of why I should use Komodo over other text editors. Therefore, I did not find the tutorial useful or helpful.
    4. The tutorial is easy to navigate.
    5. The images used to display the HTML code in Komodo are not readable. I, too, had to use the zoom feature on my browser to be able to read the code.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.