JQuery

August 1st, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Gordon Winch – JQuery
http://ned.highline.edu/~gordon_bw/200/FinalProject/index.html

1. 4 Responses to “JQuery”

2. By nmallis2012 on Aug 1, 2013 | Reply

1. Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?

I was not able to successfully complete this tutorial. It would appear there is something wrong or the site was not completed. Not too sure?

2. Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.

I learned a little bit about what jQuery is, but the tutorial part seemed to be lacking.

3. Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?

I did not find the tutorial useful because there was a lack of information. All I got was that it was a database of javascript and how it could help me, but all that was included was an incomplete source code.

4. What did you like most about the tutorial?

I liked the overall look of the page and got a kick out of reading the “About the Author” page!

5. What about the tutorial could be improved?

The page didn’t seem to be completed, so there wasn’t much of a tutorial to actually complete. I supposed I could have went to one of the sites that were cited, but those weren’t even linked. Besides, I believe the tutorial was to be completed on this page. There were a couple typos as well. The source code page at the beginning of the jQuery tutorial page was also incomplete. I regretfully must say that everything about this tutorial could use improvement.

3. By wagner_ml on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

1. There was no tutorial to complete. The site did not walk me through how to do anything, just gave me information on how to get to other tutorials that are available online.

2. I learned what jQuery is, which I already knew from my classes, and I learned that there are other tutorials online that I can use. I have used Code Academy before and it is a really great hands on site.

3. No, I did not find the tutorial useful. The tutorial did not walk me through how to use jQuery at all.

4. I like the the site layout was the same as the JavaJam layout from our HTML5 class. Since I just finished up my homework from that class it made me laugh to see if carried over to this class.

5. The tutorial needs to actually teach the user how to use jQuery in addition to describing what it is. Also, I don’t see that the About the Author page was necessary.

4. By coreyare on Aug 10, 2013 | Reply

1.

There did not seem to be a tutorial, as there wasn’t any kind of information on how to do something with JQuery, but it did offer up some information about it.

2.

I was able to learn what this JQuery stuff was, but I did not learn how to use it and do something with it.

3.

It would be useful for learning what JQuery is, but the webpage is useless if you want to do something with JQuery.

4.

The look of the webpage is nice, and the information displayed is nice too. I recall doing this layout in a web design class here at the college and it was a minor trip down memory lane

5.

The tutorial needs to be useful in teaching the user how to use JQuery instead of showcasing knowledge about what the software is and what it does.

5. By gordon_bw on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

I would have loved to have completed this, but I was overloaded with school and personal issues at the time. Sorry folks. What is key to jQuery is to understand it’s based on the jQuery() function. With jQuery as with JavaScript, the $ (dollar sign) is a valid variable. In jQuery, consider: var $ = “jQuery”; Therefor, $() is equivalent to jQuery()… ie. $() is simply short hand calling the jQuery function and invoking the jQuery library. I hope this makes sense. It’s my way of apologizing for not completing the jQuery tutorial.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.