How to Monetize Your Website w/Amazon Associates

August 1st, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Jeffrey West – How to Monetize Your Website w/Amazon Associates
http://ned.highline.edu/~jjwest/CSCI200/index.html

1. 5 Responses to “How to Monetize Your Website w/Amazon Associates”

2. By wagner_ml on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

1. Yes, I was able to complete the tutorial without issue.

2. I have never used Amazon Associates before so this was all new to me. I have seen several sites that use this technology and now I can see the benefit of it a bit more.

3. Yes, it was useful. The tutorial did a good job of walking me through the steps of setting up an account and how I would use it.

4. I like the use of screenshots and the step by step process for how to set up and use Amazon Associates.

5. There were several spelling errors in the tutorial. It would have been nice to have the information broken out onto several pages rather than a running list, and the background color was too dark. Otherwise, Jeffrey did a great job!

3. By sy357 on Aug 8, 2013 | Reply

1. Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    I was able to complete the tutorial. As far as issues or challenges, I didn’t find any. The tutorial was pretty clear for me to follow.
    2. Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    What I’ve learned about the tutorial is how to monetize my website with Amazon. First I set up an account with Amazon and then I give the URL and information about my website to Amazon. I will be practically filling up a form sort of like an application and I will also have the options when choosing products. This program is quite interesting and I am planning on learning more.
    3. Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    The tutorial was pretty useful because it gives you a step by step of how to use the program.
    4. What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    What I like most about the tutorial is the strategy that is provided at the bottom of the page. The strategy helps me to earn more money through links that users visit.
    5. What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    This is one tutorial that I find hard to find improvements. The only thing I can probably say is to create different webpages for the overview, tutorial and sources and link them together.

4. By cecerslouisers on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

1. I was successfully able to complete the tutorial with no issues.
    2. I learned that by using Amazon Associates, a website owner can gain revenue through a few simple steps.
    3. I find the tutorial useful because it is not overly complicated and exhibits how easy it is to use Amazon Associates.
    4. The tutorial is very informative and I appreciated the use of the screen shots.
    5. The color scheme is a little dark and makes the text a little difficult to read. Also, the tutorial is not multi-page. Different steps of the tutorial could have been broken out to make it multi-page and eliminate excessive scrolling.

5. By evansojwang on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

1) I was successfully able to go through the website without any problems. Easy to understand and implement.

2) I learned that Amazon has a unique way of paying you affiliate fees. he cool thing was that Amazon placed a cookie on the visitors computer so even if they leave your site after they click on it. you will still get paid if they buy something within the next 24 hours.

3) he tutorial was useful because I now know how Amazon pays you for your referrals. I currently participate in Affiliate marketing and I use a different website that does the same.

4) What I liked most were the pictures and the layout. How the tutorial was step by step.

5) I believe the tutorial was great but if a video was added to explaining the process and then those who want to read can read for more detail. It would have been best. We live in a society now where people don’t even want to read and are more engaged by pictures and videos thanks to youtube.

6. By coreyare on Aug 12, 2013 | Reply

1. Yes, I was able to complete the tutorial and faced no challenges or issues.

2. I learned how to monetize my webpage with Amazon, filling out an app and giving info about the webpage

3. It gives you a grasp on how to do it so you’re not confused, so yes its useful for some folks.

4. The visuals, they were crisp clear and easy to follow, and information was great too!

5. The webpage is a bit lengthy and information is hard to come by with all that scrolling, and the color scheme is a bit on the mismatched side (dark background on darker text), but its good other than that.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.