Google Analytics

August 1st, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Morgan Wagner – Google Analytics
http://ned.highline.edu/~wagner_ml/200/final/index.html

1. 4 Responses to “Google Analytics”

2. By nmallis2012 on Aug 1, 2013 | Reply

1. Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?

I was able to successfully complete the tutorial and there were no issues. The biggest challenge was remembering my Gmail password!

2. Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.

I learned how easy it was to sign up for Google Analytics and the many ways it could benefit me.

3. Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?

I did find it useful and helpful! I got a chance to check it out on a long time running site through a buddy who is a web developer. Now I have the chance to actually add it to my own page and see what kind of traffic my site is generating.

4. What did you like most about the tutorial?

I really like how the page was laid out. The pictures from the tutorial were nice and clear, and easy to follow. I especially liked how the tutorial started with the sign up process, instead of overlooking that step and immediately trying to go into the technology standpoint.

5. What about the tutorial could be improved?

If I had to say anything that could be improved on would be the actual styling of the page. That color scheme was a little hard on the eyes! I understand that not everyone knows how to design webpages, so it’s not like I’m trying to be hyper critical; but if I were to add anything, I would also add a few more pictures or something to generate “eye candy” just to make your tutorial “pop” a little bit more. Bravo on the tutorial itself though!

3. By nmallis2012 on Aug 1, 2013 | Reply

Oh, and I wanted to add that I successfully added Google Analytics to my tutorial page while I going through this tutorial! It’s that easy! Thanks!

4. By jjwest on Aug 1, 2013 | Reply

1) I was able to successfully complete the tutorial. It was easy to navigate with no challenges.
    2) I learned how to install Google Analytics and how to access some of the key reporting information.
    3) I found the tutorial very useful. Google Analytics is an extremely valuable tool and the tutorial does an excellent job of providing basic level knowledge on installing and using the tool.
    4) I liked the layout of the tutorial. It was very clean and well organized. It made very good use of screenshots to help with the understanding of the tutorial.
    5) I did not find anything that could be improved. I suppose even more information about Google Analytics would be valuable, but it was a very good and informative tutorial.

5. By margamo on Aug 9, 2013 | Reply

I was able to follow the tutorial but some of the screenshots were a little small to read.
    I already used Google Analytics, my issues were different than ones addressed. I would say it wasn’t useful for me because I knew some the things already.
    I think it would be useful for someone setting up an account. I like that the navigation was simple and straight-forward.
    To improve the site the white links on a yellow background were difficult to read.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.