Firebug

August 1st, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Cecilia Olsen – Firebug
http://ned.highline.edu/~cecerslouisers/Firebug/home.html

1. 5 Responses to “Firebug”

2. By jjwest on Aug 1, 2013 | Reply

1) I was able to successfully complete the tutorial with the exception of the html page. I received a 404 error when I tried to access that page.
    2) I learned some more features of firebug. I had downloaded it after the jQuery presentation, but had not played around with it yet.
    3) The tutorial was useful to gain basic knowledge of using firebug. It provided good visual screen captures, and did a good job of explaining some of the basic features of the tool. I learned about viewing JavaScript and DOM information.
    4) I liked the overall presentation of the tutorial. The site had a great, well-organized “look” to it. The visual displays were great and helped with the understanding of the tutorial.
    5) I was unable to access the html portion of the tutorial.

3. By gordon_bw on Aug 5, 2013 | Reply

I read through the “Firebug” tutorial. Though it was missing the section on HTML, it is an impressive use of screen shots and supporting text.

I learned the basic functions of Firebug and its association to the Firefox browser. I will check it out further is my Web designs.

The tutorial was simple, easy to use, and easy to read.

What I liked this tutorial was his simple approach, good use of illustrations, and well thought out design.

As far as improvement, I would completing the HTML section.

4. By wagner_ml on Aug 7, 2013 | Reply

1. I was able to complete all of the tutorial with the exception of the HTML page which did not work.

2. I use Firebug all the time to help debug my websites so I’m pretty familiar with it. One feature I have not used which Cecelia highlighted was the Profile button, so that will be useful to me in future.

3. Honestly I felt that the tutorial really did not cover much about Firebug other than a quick sentence to tell you a feature was there, but with no description telling you how to use the feature or why it would be helpful.

4. The tutorial was well laid out and had good screenshots.

5. Fix the HTML page, add more information about the features, their uses, and benefits.

5. By sy357 on Aug 8, 2013 | Reply

1. Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    I was able to complete the tutorial, but there is a slight problem. The only issue I have would be the link for the HTML page. I was not able to transfer to a different page when clicking on the HTML link. It might just be the browser that I am using. However, using this technology is a bit of a challenge for me being that I am quite new to this.
    2. Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    My only wish is to fully complete the tutorial because the HTML link will not work. But clicking on the link that tells me more about the Firebug tool somewhat helped along the line. This is a program that is also quite new to me and I will need to spend more time learning how to use it and fully understand it.
    3. Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    The tutorial was pretty useful overall. It seem like you took your time creating this tutorial which also showed screen shots of codes that allows the user to follow.
    4. What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    Overall, I loved everything about the tutorial. It has multiple links that gives a background of Firebug, Console, HTML and More about the tool.
    5. What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    I would probably try to fix the HTML link so that everyone can view the HTML codes. It would probably be more helpful. Also, I think you left out some references that were required in this assignment. Overall, great job!

6. By coreyare on Aug 11, 2013 | Reply

1. I am familiar with firebug, so I had no difficulties using it. So the tutorial went successful.

2. I learned what firebug is and some basic functionality within it. Its lacking some completion due to a faulty HTML link.

3. Yes, I did, as this tutorial pointed out some of the uses that came with it that I can use to say, debug a webpage.

4. Gave some cool screenshots of the interface, and some information about it, notably how it is used, and how to use it.

5. Fixing the HTML section would be a good idea, as it is broken and not working, this could easily fix some of the holes that are created in the tutorials webpage.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.