WordPress in 60 Minutes

May 28th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Shawn Calkins – WordPress in 60 Minutes
http://ned.highline.edu/~shawncalkins/200/final_project_200.html

1. 2 Responses to “WordPress in 60 Minutes”

2. By icewidow206 on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

I was able to complete this tutorial with ease, it was very well done. This tutorial taught me how to install word press fairly easy. The step by step process was very good for this tutorial. This tutorial was helpful; I had tried to install word press one night and was unsuccessful. But now it is installed and I can explore how it is used. The one thing for me that stood out to me was the step by step written instructions. This made it very easy to install without pausing a video over and over. It is hard for me to think of any improvements that could be made from my knowledge of web development thus far. I found the instructions, navigating, and the design to work great.
    Great job Shawn!

3. By andrewcrawley on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

I was able to complete this tutorial without any issues. I have also done WordPress installs several times so it was relatively easy for me to follow the instructions. I learned that you can get free hosting through 000webhost.com. I knew there was free hosting available, but I had never used it. I thought the tutorial would be very helpful for somebody needing to install WordPress who didn’t know how. I liked the simplicity and straight-forwardness of the tutorial, it was step-by-step and all on one page. I thought that there could have been a couple more screenshots, for instance with the FTP drag-and-drop, a screenshot of the FTP with the files selected could have been helpful for somebody who had never used FileZilla.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.