WordPress Customization

May 28th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

John Curtis – WordPress Customization
http://ned.highline.edu/~cj031681/ET/wordpress-tutorial.html

1. 4 Responses to “WordPress Customization”

2. By mmhitch on May 29, 2013 | Reply

Yes, the tutorial provided everything needed to complete the tasks, I had to add functions back into get the title and post text.

I learned how to make a custom page template that is selectable from the dashboard.

Yes, I have known of this capability but wasn’t sure how to do it. I can see how this could apply to other features.

The tutorial was specific with the details needed.

I had to switch browsers to see the images in the tutorial(ie) and once I could see them I had to scroll sideways to view the whole picture.

3. By ilaitres71 on May 30, 2013 | Reply

The tutorial was very helpful. I was able to try the WordPress for my own website. Even though i have not taken WordPress.

4. By cj031681 on May 30, 2013 | Reply

Sorry about the picture size I hjave 2 24inch high res monitors and I didnt think about it when putting them up. But I didnt want the code to be to small to read either.

5. By ajlone on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

Tutorial completed. I used the full-width-page.php and eliminated from there what I didn’t need/want.

I learned how to add and access my own custom page template in a WordPress theme, and also learned how to modify the footer.

This is a useful option to have for customizing pages.

I liked the concept taught. I also like the wedding website for the friends. Nice job.

Maybe could have included some more possible sample code for making a custom page template. But I understand not wanting to make the tutorial too long.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.