Transitions and Animations

May 28th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Vikram Naidu – Transitions and Animations
http://ned.highline.edu/~vikram/212/final/#

1. 4 Responses to “Transitions and Animations”

2. By tgmcminn on Jun 1, 2013 | Reply

1) I was able to complete the tutorial. There was one coding error in the transition-Blur Menu code. Under the , is the tag instead of the tag. Then the tag should be below the tag.
    2) There is a difference between Transition and Animation. The difference is that something does something when there is a trigger ie: hover. Animation happens upon load without a trigger.
    3) I found the demo very helpful
    4) I liked the fact it shows the difference between the transition and animation by examples of each.
    5) Everything was explained very well and I see no way to improve it.

3. By sharon16245 on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

1.Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    At the first time, I was unable to successfully complete the tutorial because the tutorial guided me to save my css file as style.css; however, on coding side, it links to styles1.css instead of style.css. That is why the tutorial wasn’t completed to me. After I changed the file name, I was able to complete the tutorial.

2.Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    This tutorial clearly teaches me what differences between transition and animation and shows me the example at one page. Animation happens without a trigger but transition requires a trigger.

3.Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    It is really helpful for me to understand the differences between transition and animation. In addition, I could see the demo to fully understand content.

4.What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    The most I like is demo and explanation of differences.

5.What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    Overall, the tutorial is great. Just be sure the tutorial is able to successfully complete by users. As I mentioned above, the discrepancy between file name and links makes me not complete it at first time. Second suggestion is html tag. As I know, head tag should place on top of body tag. In this tutorial, I can see the tag is inside tag.

4. By ryan-j on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

1. Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    1. I was able to complete the tutorial
    2. Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    1. I learned how to trigger a transition and add an animation to an HTML element
    3. Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    1. I did find it useful. The transition could be any of the HTML transitions so using this for a web page will be useful.
    4. What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    1. Having each step laid out with bits of code makes for a useful tutorial. I was clear and clean.
    5. What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    1. Adding more transitions and animations would be great but no necessary. The tutorial does what it needs to do.

5. By ryan-j on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

That did not format how it should have.
    the Second set of “1” is my comments.

1. I was able to complete the tutorial

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.