Responsive Web Design with Twitter Bootstrap

May 28th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Alissa Lone – Responsive Web Design with Twitter Bootstrap
http://ned.highline.edu/~ajlone/200/bootstrap/finalProject.html

1. 5 Responses to “Responsive Web Design with Twitter Bootstrap”

2. By ilaitres71 on Jun 5, 2013 | Reply

Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? Yes I was able to finished the tutorial.

What issues or challenges did you face?
    The challenges i found in the tutorial is .It would be nice if I’m seeing this coding in actual like in utube where we can see the caul output.

Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    It give me idea and might consider to use Boostrap.

Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not? Its very useful .it give th code

What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.) It’s yep by step.

What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)It could be improved if the tutorial is in ctual

3. By ilaitres71 on Jun 5, 2013 | Reply

What issues or challenges did you face?
    The challenges i found in the tutorial is .It would be nice if I’m seeing this coding in actual like in utube where we can see the actual output.

It give me idea and might consider to use Boostrap. It’s good getting the layout. But I just go to JsBin and more.

Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not? Its very useful .it give the code ATP by step.

What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.) It’s very specific

What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)It could be improved if the tutorial is in actual coding like in utube.

4. By abbeyroadkill on Jun 5, 2013 | Reply

Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial?

Yes, I was able to produce the same page as the example that was given.

What issues or challenges did you face?

This was a pretty simple tutorial so I didn’t run into any problems. It was very easy to copy and past the code into the correct files and get it to work.

Twitter Bootstrap is a library that offers a quick way to create web pages based on a fluid grid layout. It uses pre-defined custom classes to make it easy for a developer to customize their site.

Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?

Yes, I knew a little bit about Bootstrap before this tutorial but I now feel I have a better understanding. All the choices and options Bootsrap offers to developers is very cool.

What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)

The page she had us make is cool. I love Star Wars! In terms of the tutorial itself, I like how deatiled and in-depth it was. It really explained everything that was going on very well.

What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)

Well, I wasn’t thrilled about the orange background. It made the text hard to read. Other than that it’s hard to find fault with this tutorial.

5. By ryan-j on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

With this tutorial I was able to make a responsive webpage that looked just like the tutorials.
    Each step was clear and gave me enough information that if I wanted to I could do some tweaks without feeling like I would break the page.
    I learned about how to install bootstrap for a site. This included the basic setup of a HTML5 page with the IE js shiv to make IE work with bootstrap. I learned about the grid system and how to position things in the grid. All in all it is a well thought out tutorial.
    I would use this if I was new to bootstrap and would bookmark it for future reference.
    I like the how it was step by step and gave clear clean code for each step.
    I really can’t say much about improving it. It does exactly what it stated it would do.

6. By cj031681 on Jun 7, 2013 | Reply

The tutorial was well put together and was easy to follow, I enjoyed learning more then we did during the presentation.
    The code was well displayed in scrolling text boxes and it was well explained.

Thank You

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.