Making a WordPress Wedding Site

May 28th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Katelyn Bronson – Creating a WordPress Wedding Site
http://ned.highline.edu/~kipperoo15/CSCI200/index.html

1. 3 Responses to “Making a WordPress Wedding Site”

2. By mmhitch on May 29, 2013 | Reply

Yes, I was able to complete the tutorial. It was very straight forward.

I learned about the different options and layout of WordPress.com vs WordPress.org.

If I didn’t have the tutorial I would have overlooked differences like the create a form option.

I like being exposed to this version. I have created about 10 WordPress sites but this is my first on WordPress.com.

More differences could have been pointed out for me but I guess I will have to play around with it more.

3. By andrewcrawley on Jun 5, 2013 | Reply

I was able to easily follow and complete the tutorial. I did not realized how easy it was to create a blog with wordpress.com, I always avoided it because all the sites have the wordpress.com added to the url, but for the ease of use and practicality, it doesn’t really matter. This was helpful to learn about the wordpress.com blog, but realistically I probably won’t use it too often because I am not much of a blogger. I liked the website style layout, I thought that was creative, my tutorial is a pdf that seems boring now. I noticed that the wordpress.com link at the beginning of the tutorial takes you off the tutorial page to wordpress.com, maybe make this a open in a new tab so the user isn’t removed from your tutorial.

4. By abbeyroadkill on Jun 5, 2013 | Reply

Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial?

Yes, I’m familiar with WordPress so I had no problem creating the wedding site.

What issues or challenges did you face?

I’m finding that all the tutorials people have posted are easy to finish without much trouble. WordPress already makes things so easy that following a tutorial about it is a piece of cake.

Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.

I learned how to customize WordPress themes and headers, how to create pages and add widgets, and how to post content to a blog page.

Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?

It was good for refreshing my memory, but I already know WordPress so I didn’t learn a tremendous amount.

What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)

I liked how many areas of the WordPress dashboard the tutorial utilized. I was pretty comprehensive in that way.

What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)

I know WordPress well so I didn’t have any issues. However, there were no instructions on installing WordPress at all. So I can imagine that someone who wasn’t familiar with WordPress would have had trouble even beginning this tutorial.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.