CSS Positioning

May 28th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Jun Young Jung – CSS Positioning
http://ned.highline.edu/~junyoung/200/index.html

1. 6 Responses to “CSS Positioning”

2. By ilaitres71 on May 30, 2013 | Reply

Awesome ! I will be able to use that to improve mywebsite

3. By ilaitres71 on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? Yes I was able to look at it twice.

What issues or challenges did you face?
    The issue i was thinking what if i have a table it would be nice to know as well how to position those and would be nice to see a little bit explanation in the tutorial how and where in tag it can be use.

Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    I am pretty much familiar in the positioning there are many web tools online like jS bin has a rolling Theme. I just go there and they have a wonderful tons of selections.

Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not? It is very useful for the one beginners.

What did you like most about the tutorial?
    Its very simple basic but its very specific.

What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.) The presentation of the tutorial is neat .It just need more step by step and it would be nice to have a separate table showing the output of the position. When i look at the last positioning. Its block the information.
    Revie

4. By ilaitres71 on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

What issues or challenges did you face?
    The issue i was thinking what if i have a table it would be nice to know as well the syntax how to position those and would be nice to see a little bit explanation in the tutorial how and where in tag it can be use.

I am pretty much familiar in the positioning there are many web tools online like jS bin has a rolling Theme. I just go there and they have a wonderful tons of layout selections.

Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not? It is very useful for the beginners.

Its very simple and very specific.

5. By abbeyroadkill on Jun 5, 2013 | Reply

Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial?

Yes. The tutorial doesn’t really ask you to do anything, just read and digest the material.

What issues or challenges did you face?

This was a straightforward tutorial so I didn’t have any problems.

There are four basic ways to position elements via CSS. Static (the default), Relative, Absolute, and Fixed. ‘Relative’ positions elements in relation to the last statically positioned element. ‘Absolute’ positions an element relative to the top left of the page. ‘Fixed’ positions the element in one specified place that doesn’t move even when the user scrolls.

Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?

I already knew about CSS positioning so I didn’t really learn anything. I thought it was a well done presentation though

What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)

It’s very compact and easy to follow. You can pick up the information quickly.

What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)

Perhaps there could have been more about, say, the z-index property, which positions elements in terms of layering.

6. By sharon16245 on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

1.Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    Yes. It is easy to successfully complete the tutorial without any issues.

2.Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    This tutorial clearly teaches me what differences on four types of CSS positions and also shows me example on the right to make me fully understand.

3.Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    It is really helpful and useful for me to understand CSS position. This tutorial clarifies four types of CSS positions to me. In addition, I could see the demo on the right to fully understand content. I won’t get confuse in the future.

4.What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)

The most I like is the demo on the right with description.
    5.What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    Overall, the tutorial is great. Small suggestion is to make sure the text inside the three boxes on demo is as same as coding.

7. By ryan-j on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

1. Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    a) Yes very well laid out and easy to read.
    2. Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    a) The basics of HTML static, relative, fixed and absolute positioning of html elements.
    3. Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    a) I think this would be very useful to someone just learning about positioning.
    4. What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    a) I really like the instructiveness of it tutorial. Clicking a button and having not only the element change to show how it would be positioned but also to have the code blocks change to show the code.
    5. What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    a) Fix two small over sight errors. When you change to relative and fixed positions, the blue box does not change to state the correct positioning type.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.