Adding a JQuery Image Slider

May 28th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Imelda Laitres – Adding a JQuery Image Slider
http://ned.highline.edu/~ilaitres71/200/finaltutor.html

1. 2 Responses to “Adding a JQuery Image Slider”

2. By ryan-j on Jun 3, 2013 | Reply

For this tutorial I was expecting something a little different than what was provided. The tutorial did deliver what it said it was but it did it by using a third party software. The software inserts into your html page the jqery and html code for an image slider. I was expecting how the code worked so I was a little disappointed.

Moving on to the tutorial I was able to use the tool just as the tutorial said. Its steps were simple and easy to follow. The tool from wowslider is an .exe and an easy drag and drop check box driven tool.

Did I find the tutorial helpful or useful? Well on how to use the tool it was very simple. Did not go into any of the settings of the tool or the more complex features so for the tool it was very basic but it did show me how to get started and the end product was a working slider. As a coder I would not use this tool because I would be looking for how to write the code not have a tool insert it for me. The code the tool inserts is a bit complex to read and uses custom file it makes on the fly.

What I liked about the tutorial was that it was step by step. There was not guessing on my part as to what to do next.

3. By junyoung on Jun 5, 2013 | Reply

Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    I was able to successfully complete the tutorial “Adding a JQuery Image Slider”. However, when the Wow slider program inserts the jQuery in my template, it also generates one folder for jQuery files and some arrow icons. When we transport this template which the jQuery inserted to a server, we also have to move this folder to the server.
    Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    This tutorial is teaching how we can create a image slide show without jQuery skills. If we can just create HTML template and have images, Wow Slider makes the jQuery slide show and insert it into our web template.
    Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    Actually if I want to create a slide show by jquery code, it is hard and annoying. But it makes a clean and beautiful image slide show with just few clicks. Also, it is so useful to create WordPress plungin.
    What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    I like this tutorial because it is very easy to understand for a beginner of web developer/designer even people don’t know about jQuery skills.
    What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    This tutorial is easy to understand for beginner, but the Wow slider has many other options need to be explained.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.