WordPress WP Better Security Plugin

May 27th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Tom McMinn – WordPress WP Better Security
http://ned.highline.edu/~tgmcminn/200/et-demo/index.php

1. 3 Responses to “WordPress WP Better Security Plugin”

2. By gwnpwrs on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

Demo for a WordPress plugin
     Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?

I was not able to complete the tutorial. The tutorial starts off assuming I know WordPress. I have heard of WordPress before but have never used it or know what exactly it is. This tutorial was for a better security plug-in for WordPress. Again, I couldn’t test out the tutorial due to the fact that I don’t have WordPress. For the record, I do know what a plug-in is.
     Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    This tutorial was about learning to install and utilize a better security plug-in for WordPress. Basically, the plugin was for enhancing security on WP. The tutorial was well made and clear. The screenshots and simple instructions made the tutorial easy to follow. After a while though, I couldn’t follow along because again, I don’t have a WordPress account. However, the tutorial was detailed enough that I could understand what was going on.
     Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    This tutorial wasn’t very useful for me personally because I don’t use WordPress. I can see though, how it could be very useful for those who would like to have better security while using WP.
     What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    I really enjoyed the separate pages for each step. I also really liked all of the large screenshots to every step. The detailed instructions really tied all of it together.
     What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    In my instance, I think a brief overview of what WordPress is or how to get to it (account set-up, app download instructions, etc.) would have been useful and I could have probably followed along if I had these bits of information prior to starting the tutorial.

3. By abbeyroadkill on Jun 5, 2013 | Reply

Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial?

I’m familiar with WordPress so it was very easy for me to follow this tutorial.

What issues or challenges did you face?

There are so many options and settings for this plugin that I felt a little overwhelmed. Maybe next time choose a simpler plugin! lol

Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.

WordPress makes downloading and installing plugins like Better WP Security super easy and understandable. It’s the plugin themselves that can get more complicated

Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?

For someone who doesn’t know WordPress I can see how this wouldn’t be helpful. But I did find it helpful. I have a better understanding of this plugin, what it does and why it’s important.

What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)

How in depth he was describing each step and providing reasons why we were doing what we were doing.

What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)

Maybe it could have had arrows to point to the areas of the screenshots that I should have been looking at. Sometimes it took a few seconds to find things.

4. By vikram on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

Yes I was able to complete the tutorial and as I have this plug-in it was not an issue for me.

I did not learn anything new as once again I am already familiar with this plug-in.

No and only because I already know the plugin.

It was well documented and the step by step screenshots with instructions are good enough for a beginner to follow.

Maybe provide a link to a tutorial about how to install WordPress might help those that are not familiar with WordPress as the tutorial requires WordPress.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.