Twitter Bootstrap

May 27th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Maureen Bailey – Twitter Bootstrap
http://ned.highline.edu/~maureenbailey/200/HTML-tutorial/

1. 2 Responses to “Twitter Bootstrap”

2. By gwnpwrs on Jun 2, 2013 | Reply

Twitter bootstrap tutorial
     Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?

I was able to successfully complete the tutorial. It was easy to follow so I didn’t really have many issues.
     Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    This tutorial was about using Twitter’s boostrap to enhance a website in a “fluid” design. I learned how to apply JS / ajax / and bootstrap within the html document. I also learned how Boostrap makes it easy to skip over steps like margins and floats etc.
     Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    I definitely found this tutorial helpful. I really enjoyed working through it. I’ve wondered how to apply Bootstrap and now I know. Also, I didn’t realize how easy it was to use or how versatile it can get.
     What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    I really enjoyed the overall presentation of this tutorial. Very visually appealing as well as organized and professionally done. I like how easy it was to follow. The steps were clear and concise. Following along was easy and I didn’t feel too confused about any of the steps because they were pretty well explained. I also liked the image wireframe because it helped me understand what the finished product might look like.
     What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    I think the screenshots of code could have been larger. I had a really hard time reading the screenshot code. With that, it made some steps a bit confusing for instance I wasn’t sure where to put some of the code because I felt some slides could have possibly explained a bit more to connect with the previous slide. There was a lot of information, it could have been tied a little better (only with the different lines of code and where to put them within the set tags etc.) Other than that I thought this tutorial was great and really well done.

3. By vuchristine on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

Christine Vu

I am very impressed at how simple and easy this tutorial is.

1. Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    I was able to successfully complete the tutorial. Most of the issues I faced were from reading the text on the PowerPoint. As the PowerPoint was possibly the only source of information on the tutorial guide, I have to double check the code before saving the file and viewing the website on the browser.

2. Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    Twitter Bootstrap is a collection of tools that can help people design their own websites with little effort. Twitter Bootstrap can also be used to improve websites in a “fluid design” and make it responsive. I learned how to apply JavaScript, CSS, and other content from Twitter Bootstrap within the HTML document. I’ve also learned how to get columns and rows set up without having to write too much coding.

3. Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    I find this tutorial helpful because it shows me step by step on how to do the tutorial in clear words and get a good final product by the end of the tutorial. The tutorial also gave me a pretty good idea on how to use Twitter Bootstrap.

4. What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    I liked the PowerPoint presentation because it’s not only visually appealing but it’s very organized with clear instructions on the tutorial. There were no confusing steps and I have little trouble with completing the tutorial.

5. What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    If the tutorial were to be improved, I would say that the screenshots of the code needs to be bigger for some of the people to see it clearly. Besides that, there doesn’t seem to be any major problems with the tutorial whatsoever.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.