Modernizer-HTML5 and CSS3 feature detection

May 27th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Dereje Bireda – Modernizer-HTML5 and CSS3 feature detection
http://ned.highline.edu/~eclipsed/modernizr/index.php

1. 2 Responses to “Modernizer-HTML5 and CSS3 feature detection”

2. By ryan-j on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

1. Were you able to successfully complete the tutorial? What issues or challenges did you face?
    a) Partially. I was able to go through the tutorial but not test the pages because I don’t use IE and the IE version thing didn’t change anything on the page for me.
    2. Summarize what you learned from the tutorial.
    a) I learned that this tool would be very useful to someone who builds websites for older versions of IE and it would be useful for say government sites that have to support older versions.
    3. Did you find the tutorial useful and helpful? Why or why not?
    a) I found it useful in that I now know there is a tool out there that can do this. If for some reason I find myself in a job where I need to support older versions of IE, I have a tool that can do that now.
    4. What did you like most about the tutorial? (Be specific.)
    a) It was very informative with screenshots making it easier to read.
    5. What about the tutorial could be improved? (Be specific.)
    a) I don’t know what I would do to make it better. It explained things well.

3. By vuchristine on Jun 6, 2013 | Reply

Christine Vu

The tutorial was a little hard to follow through as I can’t seem to get the Modernizr tool to open.
    No I was unable to successfully complete the tutorial. The main challenge was that I couldn’t get Internet Explorer to let me download Modernizr because the publisher couldn’t be verified and that my computer won’t let me open it. I tried searching online but there wasn’t much help on the issue besides enabling scripting which didn’t do much.

The Modernizr is a tool that can change the CSS, HTML, and JavaScript content of a webpage.

I find the tutorial to be unhelpful because although the steps were clearly written out, it didn’t do much in helping me find a way to download Modernizr when the publisher cannot be verified or what program I need to open Modernizr.

I liked that the steps in the tutorial were somewhat clear on what do in the tutorial if the Modernizr can be gained and used.

If the tutorial could be improved, the tutorial should tell me what I should do if the Internet Explorer won’t let me download the tool or what program I need to open Modernizr with. I would also suggest looking through the tutorial for grammatical errors such as the misplacement of commas and spaces.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.