Image Map for Website Menu

May 27th, 2013 | by Jodie Le |

Gwen Powers – Image Map for Website Menu
http://ned.highline.edu/~gwnpwrs/200/Tutorial/tutorial1.html

1. 3 Responses to “Image Map for Website Menu”

2. By tgmcminn on Jun 1, 2013 | Reply

1) I was able to complete the tutorial successfully. The only challenge was just trying to find the button to click. The page is very busy but everything was corrected as stated.
    2) The website is very useful for image mapping. There are many options that you can use to make your image map.
    3) I found it very helpful to be able map images then cut and paste the code into your website. I really liked how useful the site is.
    4) I like that there is a website that can do all the work for image mapping. When you are done, it’s just cut and paste into your code and you’re done.
    5) The website is very busy with lots of text. Even though there are screen shots, maybe a little direction like:
    click “save”, below box. Or on right.
    But, this is a very minor point.

3. By icewidow206 on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

I was able to complete this tutorial. The only challenge I faced is that once I was finished with my map, it said I had to up-load the image to my server to get the code. Loading the image to my server was not a problem. I learned a lot from this tutorial, I had never used an image mapping tool before and found it very helpful. I am very new to html so I didn’t even know there was a tool for this. I thought the color scheme was good with the light brown and white and green around the text box. If I had to criticize this tutorial I would say that the steps could use a little more detail. There are a lot of links so one could get easily confused. All in all I liked this tutorial; I am going to add an image map to my web final tonight.
    Thanks Gwen,

4. By maureenbailey on Jun 4, 2013 | Reply

1. I was able to complete this tutorial.
    2. Summary- Instructions on how to automatically generate code for an image map based on an image provided/uploaded by the user.
    3. I have created an image map from scratch, this is Waaay easier! Very useful!
    4. I like the finished product, but….
    5. The image-maps.com site is very busy. The tutorial could’ve given a little more instruction on navigation of the site. I’m a little more than a beginner, so I knew that I needed to add my image to the directory with the html file, but a beginner might not. It is noted on the image-maps.com site, and probably should’ve been noted in the tutorial itself.
    Overall, Very useful.

Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.